QUESTIONS & ACTIVITIES
1. Visit the ANZ web site at www.anz.com.au/australia/aboutanz/Advertising/default.asp Watch the three television advertisements More convenient banking; Robots; and Home lender of the year. Identify how the advertisements link to each of the following elements. Construct a table to record your notes.
- Appeal to a target audience/market - is the advertisement targeted to particular groups in society? How might the advertisement appeal to particular groups?
- How has 'customer convenience' been highlighted?
- How is ANZ trying to differentiate its products from other banking and financial providers? How has humour been used in the advertisement?
- List the ANZ brand values and decide if the advertisement is consistent with these values.
1. List different types of ANZ advertisements. How effective is this marketing mix? Discuss this in groups. Are some more likely to succeed than others? Use you own opinions, class discussions and any ANZ customer survey statistical evidence to justify your responses.