1. Explain how the partnership with Krispy Kreme had the potential to fit 7-Eleven’s overall strategic plan in the following key areas:
- To create profitable foodservice growth
- To be famous for foodservice
- To excel at product innovation and differentiation
- To operate an industry-leading supply chain
- To develop successful foodservice processes
2. Why did 7-Eleven decide to centrally manage the ordering of Krispy Kreme doughnuts?
3. Discuss the benefits of trialling a new business strategy before rolling it out nationally? How did this improve 7-Eleven’s chances of making the partnership a success?
4. How did 7-Eleven ensure its Franchisees were engaged with the Krispy Kreme partnership and product introduction? Why was this important?
5. How did 7-Eleven promote the Krispy Kreme range to customers both inside and outside the store? How did they ensure they were appealing to different customer segments?
6. Explain the importance of effective logistics to a company.
7. Discuss how the 7-Eleven/Krispy Kreme partnership ensured the most effective logistics solution possible.
8. Why is it important for 7-Eleven and Krispy Kreme to keep offering customers new products and flavours?
9. What is the difference between advertising, marketing and PR? What does each aim to achieve?
10. Why is it important to set key performance indicators for new marketing and sales campaigns? Do you think 7-Eleven measured performance successfully? Why?
1. Identify how this partnership allowed both 7-Eleven and Krispy Kreme to capitalise on their strengths and opportunities and minimise weaknesses and threats. Prepare SWOT diagrams illustrating the position of each company. Start by:
a) Clearly identify and describe key strengths and weaknesses for 7-Eleven in introducing a new fresh product range. Give reasons/evidence to support these.
b) Clearly identify and describe key strengths and weaknesses for Krispy Kreme in expanding their operations (e.g. opening new stores). Give reasons/evidence to support these.
c) Clearly anticipate and describe key opportunities and threats for 7-Eleven in introducing a new fresh product range. Give reasons/evidence to support these.
d) Clearly anticipate and describe key opportunities and threats for 7-Eleven in expanding their operations. Give reasons/evidence to support these.
2. Identify a brand that is well known to you. Develop a diagram showing customer segmentation, e.g. who buys it, what life stage they are at, what products within the range you think they buy (and why), how often you think they might buy these and the key attitudes of each customer segment.