3M is fundamentally a science-based company. We produce thousands of imaginative products, and we're a leader in scores of markets - from health care and highway safety to office products and abrasives and adhesives. Our success begins with our ability to apply our technologies - often in combination - to an endless array of real-world customer needs. Of course, all of this is made possible by the people of 3M and their singular commitment to make life easier and better for people around the world.
- Act with uncompromising honesty and integrity in everything we do.
- Satisfy our customers with innovative technology and superior quality, value and service.
- Provide our investors an attractive return through sustainable, global growth.
- Respect our social and physical environment around the world.
- Value and develop our employees' diverse talents, initiative and leadership.
- Earn the admiration of all those associated with 3M worldwide.
3M at a Glance (Year end 2009)
- Global sales: $23 billion
- International (non-US) sales: $14.6 billion (63 per cent of company's total)
- Operations in more than 65 countries
- 3M products sold in nearly 200 countries
- 75,000 employees globally
3M in Australia
- 2009 sales in excess of $420 million
- 750+ employees
- 11 locations including 4 manufacturing sites
- Products manufactured in Australia are liquid filtration products, car repair products, automotive products and microbiology products.
- Head office in Pymble, NSW