QUESTIONS & ACTIVITIES
1. What is a stakeholder? Identify the stakeholders of a bank such as Westpac.
1. Westpac was the first Australian bank to adopt the Equator Principles. The Equator Principles form a benchmark for the banking and finance industry, helping them to manage environmental and social issues in project financing. Visit the official website www.equator-principles.com. Form into small groups to answer the following questions:
- How did the Equator Principles come about?
- What are the basic guidelines?
- What steps do banks who have adopted the principles need to follow?