Case Study Pages:
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia: influencing Australian business
- Leadership within the profession
- Setting professional standards for the industry
- Corporate social responsibility
- Maintaining rigorous quality
- Developing effective communication
- Supporting global business
Influencing Australian business
This Case Study looks at the ways in which Chartered Accountants, supported by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia, support business and the Australian economy as well as global business. It also looks at the role of leadership and quality maintenance within the profession.
As a result of reading this Case Study, students should be able to:
- Explain the role Chartered Accountants play in supporting business and the economy
- Discuss how the Institute and Chartered Accountants act as leaders and maintain business quality
- Outline how Chartered Accountants are supporting global business
The role of a Chartered Accountant is to bring a rigorous understanding of what lies at the core of any business. The numbers.
The role of leadership within business is indisputable.
When we look at the global financial downturn we can see that the role of regulation is essential.
The Institute encourages its member organisations to engage in corporate social responsibility, and leads by example.
Chartered Accountants have a great responsibility in setting high standards in business.
Targeted, ongoing and timely communication to stakeholders is key to any business.
Industrialisation, globalisation and outsourcing have all impacted the way the world does business.
Chartered Accountants are able to effectively influence government regulation while keeping the industry performing at its peak.