Case Study Pages:
Develop our people: employee development at Coates
To achieve this, the HR department developed the following guiding principles:
- Intentional design where every program links back to the Coates Way, which is the decision-maker in whether projects go ahead
- Set expectations (e.g. performance standards, Person to Position profiles, position descriptions) where employees are clear about the outcomes expected
- Progressively build people capabilities from an individual level through training and development programs
- Targeting and focusing efforts on development and performance management opportunities where high performers are rewarded and any skills gap is closed
- That enhances Coates's capacity to deliver against our Critical Success Factors(all decisions, recruitment, employee goal setting etc should be taken with regards to helping the business achieving these successes).
Developing employees therefore concentrates on two areas - talent management and performance development. Coates has developed various training programs to aid this, such as Leadership Development Programs and Management Development programs, instructing employees in, for example, decision-making strategy and project management.